The Importance of Strong Foundations
What we see on the surface is often supported by what is unseen.
The beautiful sky scraper that helps define the skyline of a city is supported by a massive foundation to make sure that it doesn’t crumble under the pressure of all that it carries.
A beautiful oak tree is supported by a root system that is often just as wide and deep as it is tall.
What is visible on the surface, when it is stable and strong, is supported by strong foundations that won’t crumble when the wind changes direction, the ground shakes, or the storms of life hit it.
Your Foundation Matters
Health is exactly the same. Strong foundations are required to make it through the times of shaking.
In fact, just like a well anchored architectural display, there is no way to short cut the building of a strong health foundation.
The strength of our health foundation and root system is very much a strong predictor in how well we will handle the storm when it arrives. No matter the adversity: heart attack, car accident, infection of any kind – the stronger we are when we encounter it, the more likely we are to with stand that storm.
5 Tips to Building a Strong Health Foundation:
Here are 5 practical ways that everyone should be building their deeply rooted health.
- Make sure you eat 80+% all natural foods that are whole and not manipulated in any way.
- Move your body frequently. We shouldn’t sit more than 3 hours per day. Go for many small walks per day and take your joints through range of motion.
- Sleep – let your body recover with rest. If you struggle to sleep, there is still value in resting in bed. Get to bed earlier and try to be in circadian rhythm with the sun.
- Get your chiropractic adjustments on a regular schedule – this clears and settles your nerve system so your body can do everything better – athletics, heal, fight disease, move.
- Let your immune system build up strength – when we encounter dust, dirt, dander and all things in nature (including many germs), our immune system gets a workout. Just like fitness, workouts for the immune system keep it strong. Let things run their course when you are under the weather. When you fight something off naturally, your body gets stronger from this.
When you pour into your health consistently, you are creating a deep rooting system. You will never regret this.
Dr. Matt, Dr. B and the NLC Team