5 Practical Ways to Let YOUR Light Shine
One thing that I’m 100% certain of is that your life matters. God put you on this earth because you have unique and special purposes that you are destined to fulfill.
When uncertainty hits, we begin to doubt and experience stress because we all long for predictable certainty. However, faith, calls us to stay in a place of great expectation in spite of what is going on in our present circumstances.
Regardless of our circumstances or what’s going on in the world we MUST let our light shine. Our world needs us all to be bright and alive for each other.
Here are 5 practical ways to let your light shine:
1) Be others focused – each day, be deliberate and find a way to be a source of goodness in someone else’s life. Drop off flowers, make a meal, connect with a call, there are dozens of ways that are simple and time effective to be a difference maker.
2) Fill your own mind with goodness – the main stream news, which is perpetually negative and sensationalized, will make your mind go places it was never intended to go. Instead, fill your mind with something hopeful and encouraging at the start and end of every day. The bible tells us that we need to renew our mind daily. When your mind is in the right place you can be sure your light will shine much brighter.
3) Smile and acknowledge others – it’s amazing how many people walk past each other on the street and don’t even say hello. We are built for community and social connectedness. When you encounter someone else, be sure to let your light shine with a big smile (even with your eyes if your masked). Be the first to speak, say hello. If you know them, use their name. Research shows that our name is our favourite word in the world.
4) Keep yourself energized and healthy – when you are drained, you are likely to be a drain on others. When you have energy and are full of life, you are an uplifting source of life to others. Your energy levels are directly tied to your level of health. Take good care of yourself with lots of sleep, great foods, lots of movement and staying adjusted.
5) Challenge yourself – pursue something new in your life. It may be an exercise goal, a goal to make new recipes, a goal to clean out your house. When you are doing something new, you are growing. When you are growing, your sense of inner fulfillment will make you come alive and you will have more light inside to let shine.
Be a blessing in the lives of those around you by shining YOUR light.
Dr. Matt & Dr. B